UAE Water Aid Foundation (Suqia UAE), established in 2015, the UAE Water Aid Foundation (Suqia UAE), an entity under the umbrella of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives foundation, is a non-profit organisation that provides humanitarian aid around the world and helps communities that suffer from water scarcity by providing them with potable water. Until today, Suqia UAE has positively influenced the lives of over 13 million people in 36 countries. Suqia UAE’s goal is not limited to the provision of potable water to those in need. It also works to identify how innovative and sustainable technologies can be part of the solution to the global water crisis.
Suqia UAE decided to extend their outreach to ASEAN for The 3rd cycle of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Water Award and is interested in raising the profile and getting noticed through engaging top tier dailies in this part of the region with focusing on Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Myanmar.
There are many ways to share information about the Awards, EASTWEST has planned strategically to help Suqia UAE to reach out to its target audience (Governments & NGOs, Industry Associations, Universities, Media as well as Innovators in water treatment).
The core focus will be on the following:
- Local organization outreach – Establishing awareness and partnerships with organizations in the target countries which will then help to localize the outreach to engage entrants.
- Press releases – To localise and distribute the releases which were issued in UAE to targeted local media.
- Editorial opportunity – To interview the past winners and development of a case study and place it in the targeted media.
- Media briefings – using zoom to bring the media face to face, virtually, with the organizers of the Awards.
- Interviews – pitching interviews with the UAE Water Aid Foundation (Suqia) spokesperson is a core part of the work we do. It takes time but one2one interviews are a real credibility piece for the client.
- From the various PR activities, EASTWEST has secured a total of 132 pieces of coverage, gathered of 1.68B of online readerships and an estimated 2.49M of coverage views.
- We have successfully pitched and secured interviews opportunity with Top tier media in Thailand – The Reporter Asia and a regional industry media who based in Singapore – Water & Wastewater
- There is a total of Nine (9) media attendee attended the virtual Media briefing through the Zoom platform
Coverage gathered from Press Release Distribution on 23 December 2020: USD1M Award for Sustainable Water Innovations Now Open For Entries
2. Coverage gathered from Press Release Distribution on 15 April 2021: Final Call for Entries to Join Water Innovators from Around Asia
3. Coverage gathered from Media Briefing Event
4. Coverage gathered from other PR Activities: Case study placement, interviews secured and NGO outreach
Some notable coverage from the various PR activities :