EASTWEST Public Relations provided media relations for Inmarsat, a leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, from 2004-2008. The primary objective was to help the company gain visibility on regional and in-country level using local and foreign broadcast, print and on-line media as key channels.
EASTWEST PR also created awareness around the launch of Inmarsat’s new voice service and handheld devices, providing an opportunity for media to meet with key spokespeople. Raising awareness of Inmarsat’s services, BGAN and FleetBroadband, in the Vietnamese market was another accomplishment.
EASTWEST PR was able to produce consistently positive results for the Inmarsat over the four year’s partnership through employing a number of diverse PR strategies, below are a few of these:
- Issuing press releases and key corporate announcements in Asia Pacific.
- Developing case studies with key Inmarsat partners to diffuse among key media channels highlighting the success of their work.
- Securing interviews for key Inmarsat spokespeople with relevant, key media.
- Identifying and responding to opportunities for Inmarsat comment in the media.
- Providing support for Inmarsat at key events in Asia Pacific.
- Comprehensively planning various individual campaigns such as “CommunicAsia 2007”, for product launches updating Inmarsat’s image keeping it fresh and innovative.
- Working with partner agencies in the respective countries to pitch and secure interviews during the Telenor Road shows of 2007.
- 11 interviews and 10 pieces of coverage surrounding the aforementioned “ComunicAsia 2007” were secured
- 5 media organisations attended the Beijing Roundtable event concerning the product launch of Inmarsat’s new voice services and mobile satellite phones across the Middle East, Asia and Africa. EASTWEST PR also secured 2 pieces of coverage in Bloomberg and Reuters.
- 47 interviews for the Road shows were secured.
- 9 global press releases issued by EASTWEST PR on behalf of Inmarsat.
- EASTWEST PR completed customer audits in China and Vietnam on behalf of Inmarsat.
- EASTWEST PRorganized the Marintec China event in Shanghai to create awareness around the launch of the new FleetBroadband solution.
- 6 one-on-one interviews were secured for the Philippines Mining Conference which resulted in immediate, positive coverage.
What Inmarsat said about working with EASTWEST PR:
“It was indeed a pleasure with the EASTWEST Team: a PROACTIVE and PROFESSIONAL outfit that understood industry-specific issues and knew how to address them, seek out the relevant media and then hit the key messages home. Strategic approach coupled with excellent tactical implementation. It worked well for us.”
-Ken Cheong, Regional Director