EASTWEST Public Relations assisted in media relations work for a signing ceremony by Avnet Technology Solutions and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, in Beijing. The objective was to raise Avnet’s profile in China and foster close relationships with both foreign and local media. 106 media clips were generated within 14 days
To ensure the Avnet TS and Huawei partnership announcement received maximum media attention from both Chinese and English language press, EASTWEST PR used its experience and expertise to implement the following plan:
- Strategy & Counsel: providing counsel on the key messages for the event as well as suggestions on target media. Drafting the PR campaign checklist and timeline.
- Content Development: revising media lists and drafting key messages for the event. Developing and distributing pitch emails in addition to preparing a briefing document for the spokespeople at each event.
- Media Outreach: Disseminating the pitch email, press release and associated material to the target media and following-up with the target media to communicate the key messages.
- Event Management: providing on site-event support at the event, managing and facilitating the media continuously. Providing interpretation support for Avnet spokespeople during one-to-one interviews.
- Reporting: monitoring media coverage before and after the event as well as producing the post-event and media-coverage report for Avnet.
The campaign was yet again another success resulting in getting Avnet TS noticed by multiple media organizations nationally and internationally. By strategizing, assisting with content development, reaching out to appropriate media and managing a successful signing ceremony, EASTWEST PR helped Avnet TS and Huawei maximize media exposure. This is illustrated by the figures below: