MPG, an international media service group dedicated to establishing relevant points of contact between brands and consumers in order to obtain optimal business results, appointed EASTWEST Public Relations in 2007 to achieve the following objectives:
- To RAISE MPG’s profile in Greater China via media and strategic marketing plans.
- To CREATE relationships with industry media and forge new media relations campaign with business media on behalf of MPG.
- To EXTEND the PR work to MPG sister companies including Havas Sports and Media Contacts to raise Havas Media’s Profile in Greater China.
In order to generate increased awareness of MPG and its activities among the media and other target audiences EASTWEST PR implemented the following plan:
- Strategy and Planning: Client counsel, PR planning and message development
- Public Relations Activities:
- Drafting and distributing press releases
- Arranging one-on-one interviews
- Acquiring editorial opportunities
- Publishing contributed articles
- Placing case studies in trade publications
- Arranging speaking opportunities
- Informal media engagement
- Account Management
- Developing and updating target media lists and events calendar regularly
- Hosting briefing meetings
- Monitoring the media
- Relationships developed with 20 trade media representatives across Greater China
- 24 press releases distributed to key media.
- 13 interviews for various MPG, Havas Sports and Havas Digital/Media spokespeople.
- EASTWEST Public Relations secured leads for numerous editorial opportunities including the following:
-Staffers Magazine: group interview attended by MPG staff members
-V Marketing China magazine: placed article written by MPG’s CEO
-AD Men Magazine: placed articles written by MPG’s Kevin Chen and Suzette Morgan
- EASTWEST PR secured leads for relevant awards that would bring recognition and awareness to the company:
-Digital Media Awards
- EASTWEST PR saw the following speaking opportunities as another venue for increasing awareness of MPG:
-China Ad Forum
-Marketing China Industry hot topic salon
-2008 Beijing International AD Creativity Trend Forum
-Asia ICC Forum of Best X Club
-Ad:tech Shanghai 2008
- Coverage from numerous web-based publications including:
- 362 pieces of coverage overall were generated.