Restaurant Week is Asia’s largest annual fine dining event and is organized by DiningCity.com, an online dining guide website which offers online restaurant reservation service. DiningCity.com was looking for PR support in Beijing to promote 2013 Beijing Restaurant Week taking place from March 4th to 10th.
EASTWEST Public Relations was chosen by DiningCity.com to organize and support the PR campaign with the goal of generating media coverage and public awareness. EASTWEST presented two bilingual PR consultants for on-site arrangement and media management during the entire event.
EASTWEST leveraged creative PR strategies to increase awareness of 2013 Beijing Restaurant Week, provided media training and organizational guidance to venues, liaised with media on luncheons with DiningCity’s spokespeople and followed up with media after interviews took place.
- Advised DiningCity’s executives on media discussion topics
- Compiled list of Chinese and English domestic media and bloggers.
- Contacted key media from different sectors and secured five media luncheons with DiningCity’s spokepeople.
- Drafted bilingual media invitations in English and Chinese, and invited key media to attend luncheons.
- Rewrote two press releases and distributed them to the public via print media, online media and social media.
- Coordinated logistics and relevant facilities in preparation of events
- Organized and conducted media interviews.
- Contributed on-site media management throughout the event with the presence of EASTWEST’s bilingual consultants.
- Captured quality event photos which gained positive and media exposure.
- Leveraged social media before, during, and after the event to increase exposure and maintain media relationships
- Social media support from EASTWEST Public Relations’ Weibo account.
- Media follow-up and coverage monitoring to help client know the ROI of EASTWEST’s efforts.
- Five media luncheons were organized with two spokespeople:
Onno Schreurs, Managing Director, China, DiningCity
Alessia Frisina, Senior Account Manager, Beijing, China, DiningCity
- 13 journalists and 4 bloggers attended 5 media luncheons
- 10+ articles were published in general and trade publications immediately after media luncheons
- 10+ additional print media have confirmed to publish articles in February and March
- 50+ articles were produced relating to Beijing Restaurant Week
- 6 blogs and 30+ Weibo posts were created on social media
- Uploaded event photos and related posts to Weibo
- 1 Weibo campaign was launched by EASTWEST Public Relations Weibo offering a Beijing Restaurant Week voucher as a prize
- 2013 was Beijing Restaurant Week’s most successful yet, with over 6000 reservations at 36 participating restaurants
Media in attendance: