Irdeto, a global software security company and TelkomVision, Indonesia’s leading Direct-to-Home broadcast operator recently held a press conference in Jakarta May 10th, 2011 announcing their partnership whereby TelkomVision will use Irdeto’s Conditional Access System to significantly increase its market size and grow it’s subscriber base.
EASTWEST Public Relations was hired by Irdeto to promote the event, organize the event itself and follow up with the media after the event took place. To do this we enacted the following strategy:
- Strategy & Counsel: Provided a document with potential questions journalists might ask, along with the recommended response to these questions.
- Content Development: Made sure key Irdeto spokespeople stayed on point by developing key top line messages to be conveyed as well as points speakers should focus on when delivering their speech.
- Media Outreach:Distributed a press release promoting the event to key media in the region and through Newswire to get international coverage.
- Event Management: Provided on-site support through presenting an executive briefing, coaching Irdeto’s spokespeople to stay on message, and arranged interviews.
- Reporting: Monitored the media coverage both before and after the event took place as well as produce the post-event and media coverage report for Irdeto.
- 35 media attended and the event while the targeted amount was 15-20
- More than 50 pieces of coverage generated in media worldwide
- Group interview with Irdeto executives after the press conference