Leica Camera opened its newest and biggest retail outlet to date on the Chinese mainland with the aim of expanding its business in China and introducing its new product, Leica C series camera to the market. EASTWEST PR was appointed to help promote this event for Leica in Beijing.
The Grand Opening was held on September 8, 2013 at Season Place on Beijing Financial Street. Alfred Schopf, CEO of Leica, Sunil Kaul, Managing Director of Leica, James. L. Lager, Leica historian and Henry Chau, Managing Director of the new Leica Store, represented Leica as its spokespeople, and formally introduced the new store along with other VIPs.
EASTWEST delegated five bilingual PR consultants to be onsite to facilitate throughout the whole event. EASTWEST’s activities onsite included media reception, media management, hosting and one-on-one interviews facilitation for Leica’s spokespeople.
In order to maximize media exposure for Leica’s new store opening, EASTWEST’s activities included, but were not limited to:
– Editing and issuing a press release announcing the launch of Leica’s new store at Season Place on Beijing Financial Street
– Researching and building a targeted media list in general business, photography, luxury and life style sectors
– Writing media invitation, inviting 33 media organizations to attend the event
– Facilitating four one-on-one interviews for Leica’s spokespeople
– Disseminating press kits and event photos to the media
– Following up with media and monitoring ongoing coverage
The grand opening was a success followed by a media tour in Leica’s new store and its gallery. The launch of Leica C series camera caught media by surprise.
– Journalists from 33 national and international media outlets attended this event
– Initial press release earned coverage from 75 media outlets including news portals, local websites, photography websites and luxury websites (as of September 25, 2013)
– Four one-on-one interviews were conducted with:
The Global Times
Selected Media Coverage: