The University of Salford is a leading university in arts and media education industry in the U.K. The university’s Vice-chancellor, Professor Martin Hall visited China in November 2013. EASTWEST PR was appointed to help to organize some media activities in accordance with Professor Martin Hall’s visit in Shanghai, aiming to build awareness of the University’s brand identity in the local education market.
EASTWEST PR created a holistic communication approach via both traditional and digital media to deliver The University of Salford’s key messages for the Chinese market. The overall campaign covers activities prior to, during and after the Vice-chancellor’s visit. The scope of work include market warm-up through key partnership announcement press release, trending market research for preparation of video interview production, on-site press briefing management as well as multimedia release designing and distribution after the visit.
– 1 press release was localized and distributed prior to the visit, resulted in a total of 34 media clippings
– 1 press briefing attended by 3 key local educational newspaper was conducted with the Vice-chancellor, include Youth Daily, Oriental Morning Post and Shanghai Morning Post
– 1 video interview with the Vice-chancellor was conducted and published via EASTWEST’s social media platforms after the visit, resulted in 4 online education portals pick-ups with 239 views within one month
– 1 multimedia release was circulated among 50 media outlets from education sectors with 10 key online media portal pick-ups shortly after the distribution
Key media in attendance:
– Youth Daily 青年报
– Shanghai Morning Post 新闻晨报
– Oriental Morning Post 东方早报
– Pre-briefing of spokespeople prior to press briefing
– Video interview
– Press briefing