Global Research and Development Hub Turns to CommScope for Network Transformation
INDIA, September 27, 2018—The gap between what’s technologically possible and how organisations are leveraging technology continues to grow. As the world moves into the 21st century digital economy, the physical limits of computing power are being pushed beyond what was recently considered possible. To help customers shape smart change, Hexagon Capability Center India (HCCI) has modernized its data center to enable instantaneous decision making and heavy use of predictive analytics.
As a key global R&D hub for Hexagon AB, a Sweden-based IT company, HCCI is focused on helping customers plan for the convergence of real and digital worlds. This includes solutions which integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information.
“In order to empower and accelerate our customers’ businesses, we need to ensure we have a strong network backbone,” said Uday Sakunala, Director of Information Technology, HCCI. “Machines can process information nearly as fast as they receive it. Humans can’t. That’s why HCCI has invested in data centers capable of computing, analyzing and processing information in real time.”
HCCI is focused on developing software platforms and applications which make up the building blocks for digital transformation.
Looking towards the future, this might involve connecting millions of Internet of Things (IoT) devices and bringing data from them up to a data center, and then acting on the feedback for continuous improvement. To support digital transformation and data driven businesses which will utilize more bandwidth, HCCI decided to enhance its data center capabilities. Demanding applications such as cloud computing, data crunching a, d advanced networking require increased speed, lower latency and zero bottlenecks from the data center, putting greater stress on bandwidth requirements.
As an acknowledged leader in IT, HCCI identified key technologies which would add capacity to increased bandwidth requirements while providing a foundation for future expansion:
- Meeting bandwidth demands to support ultra-high speeds and complex network architectures: Data center operators can use SYSTIMAX® structured cabling to simplify planning, design and construction of their network. HCCI has the flexibility to upgrade from 40G to 100G while integrating copper, fiber and intelligence seamlessly.
- Intelligence-ready infrastructure and easy design: The GigaSPEED X10D® UTP (unshielded twisted pair) supports 10 Gbps end to end data transmission in a four-connector, 100-meter channel. The high-performance twisted-pair cabling has a unique construction to mitigate alien crosstalk and increase performance.
- Next generation technology: The InstaPATCH® 360 system is a factory-terminated and tested modular fiber connectivity solution that makes it easy to connect system components together. The solution provides the bandwidth and scalability the data center may need when network demands increase.
- Protection and routing of fiber: The FiberGuide® system help protects the data center’s fiber optics while reducing installation time. The snap-fit construction eliminates the need for tools during installation and allowed M/S Inspire & Initiate Technologies to route the cables through the most efficient path while maintaining the proper fiber bend radius.
- Greater visibility into how the network connects to devices: The imVision® automated infrastructure management (AIM) solution delivers a complete and up-to-date picture of the physical layer, as well as the location and connection map for all connected devices.
“Humans have created more data in the last two years than they have in history. As we enter the era of the Internet of Things, disruption becomes a common occurrence in today’s business climate,” said Gavin Milton-White, vice president of Enterprise for Asia Pacific, CommScope. “HCCI has turned to CommScope’s connectivity expertise to ensure those who accelerate the leap are backed by a strong network.”
Hexagon Capability Center India (HCCI), also teamed up with CommScope and its PartnerPRO® Network member, M/S Inspire & Initiate Technologies, to redesign its network infrastructure to meet the increasing bandwidth and capacity demands from their customers.
– END –
CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) helps design, build and manage wired and wireless networks around the world. As a communications infrastructure leader, we shape the always-on networks of tomorrow. For more than 40 years, our global team of greater than 20,000 employees, innovators and technologists have empowered customers in all regions of the world to anticipate what’s next and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Discover more at http://www.commscope.com/
Hexagon is a global leader in digital solutions that create Autonomous Connected Ecosystems (ACE), a state where data is connected seamlessly through the convergence of the physical world with the digital, and intelligence is built-in to all processes.
Hexagon’s industry-specific solutions leverage domain expertise in sensor technologies, software, and data orchestration to create Smart Digital Realities™ that improve productivity and quality across manufacturing, infrastructure, safety and mobility applications.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 19,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.5bn EUR.
Follow us @HexagonAB
Hexagon Capability Centre India (HCCI) is a key incubation center for Hexagon, a global leader in digital solutions that enable productivity and quality improvements across manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications, powering everything from large industries to everyday life.
With futuristic innovation in mind, HCCI supports integrated technologies that provide the most high-end global mapping, geospatial, 3D imaging, engineering design & construction software and metrology solutions that are intuitive, cutting-edge and unparalleled. At Hexagon, we are shaping smart change around the world. Learn more at hexagon-cci.com