Hosting Webinars: Effective Communication Tools
With the growing trend of telecommuting via social media networks, more companies are also seeking for more effective ways in communicating with one another. In my previous post, I discussed about hosting a virtual event,that is currently known as one of the most cost-effective marketing strategy for companies. Today, let’s take a look at another cost-effective alternative that is made available in the social media platform – Web Seminars. What is a Web Seminar? Web Seminar or also known as Webinars by internet users, are seminars held online. It allows people from different parts of the world gathered together to watch the online presentation on one social media platform. This enables companies to share information cost-efficiently.
Source: The Effective Marketer
Hosting a Webinar requires three stage processes. Below is the breakdown. 1) Planning
- In any given kind of event or meeting, the most crucial stage is planning. Before executing the seminar, you need to plan for the content of the presentation and documents that you wish to share with the attendees. Preparation of composite materials is normally done by the assigned presenter(s).
- You will also need to do thorough research on reliable service providers that are able to assist you in conducting the seminar. A good hosting provider usually provides customized settings, and has the capability of allowing you to stream from a video camera, which provides better quality viewing for the audience.
- You should include targeting selected audience for your seminar as part of the planning stage. By knowing who your targeted audiences are, allows the presenter to prepare materials accordingly for the seminar.
- At the preparation stage when you are deciding what to include in your invites, remember to prepare a check list and cross-check if you included the correct time, date and web address. You can also attach related information such as outline of the topics that will be covered during the seminar to prepare them for the actual event.
- Check with all your attendees whether their location has good internet connection. Hosting a webinar is depended on the internet and thus, it is essential for good connectivity to be able to see and hear you well.
- Rehearse your presentation and make sure there is a flow when presenting so that you don’t repeat your content. Audiences are expected to be passive in webinars unlike virtual events so it is important to make sure you can engage the audience’s attention.
- You will also need to prepare a good video camera to shoot your presentation and ensure it works properly on the website.
- When executing the seminar online, make sure everyone is online together at the same time before you begin.
- Make sure you have the necessary documents prepared and are setup in the desktop to allow file sharing during the seminar. Organize it neatly so you don’t waste time looking for the document when presenting.
- Run through a trial test before you begin your seminar to ensure the streaming of the video camera to the hosting provider is working properly.
After execution, remember to conduct a short evaluation on the seminar to measure the success of the seminar and also to identify mistakes made so that you don’t repeat the same mistake again next time. Want to learn more about conducting a seminar online? Contact us here.