Jim James, director at EASTWEST Public Relations answers your public relations agency billing questions. How is billing normally handled in a public relations agency? There are five questions Jim answers in all:
- How does an agency calculate fees for their services? The three major fees are time, deliverables and third-party expenses.
- What is the difference between consultant based and flat rate billing? To Jim, consultant based billing boasts efficiency, transparency and commitment.
- When do I pay fees to an agency? There are three methods: in advance, on delivery and split.
- Are large agencies more expensive than smaller ones? Yes they are, no they aren’t, but in reality it depends on your needs.
- Who in an agency handles billing? There are generally three parties involved: the consultant, the supervisor and finally the billing department.
Watch the video on how agencies calculate fees for their services: