To simplify the process we defined 5 key stages for the Spin Cycle:
- Create content. Words, Audio, Graphics, Video. Ideally all of these together ready for multiple media with nifty tags, embedded links etc.
- Publish. Sending the content to as many platforms as are relevant.
- Promote. Submissions to search engines, meta engines, social media groups.
- Monitor. Checking the froth of the web for the real suds of news.
- Analyse. Looking for the ring around the collar.
Creating a clean image with digital communications is part of a cycle, not just spin of course, but a holistic approach which is centred on content which will address the key areas of interest of the audience while also satisfying the needs of the organization. A creative PR agency should do more than sit back and watch the messaging spin round in the media machine; they should set the cycle, add the messaging, and give the client a well presented fabric of analysis at the end of the process. A good digital campaign should leave the fabric of the client’s reputation looking clean and fresh, ready to complement the rest of the garbs in marketing wardrobe.